Value chain commodity selection was carried out by the relevant available secondary data and the primary data collected specially for development of SAPZ in Angola. Key commodities were shortlisted through a strategic value chain analysis by taking cognizance of the opportunities, constraints and strategic interventions for different value chains.
Opportunities in this sector include:
- Traditional crops: Coffee, Cassava, beans, corn, sugarcane tobacco, fruits
- Cotton farming for the textile industry
- Fishing industry, processing, vessels, dry-dock, and cold-chain development
- Infrastructure, irrigation, water management, engineering, mechanization
- Animal husbandry, poultry farms, corn, wheat and sugar mills, food processing, marketing and expertise
An integrated end to end approach for sustainable agribusiness
SAPZs proposed will focus on enabling a structural methodology for addressing thrust areas, facilitating technologies, enhancing skill sets and modern management practices. SAPZs will be enabled with distinguishing features like state-of-the-art technology, know-how and international marketing of the products and a demonstrating mode to develop the much needed agri-infrastructure and agro-based industries.